Choupette may not be the richest kitteh in the world, but I’m betting she’s the most extravagantly spoiled.
The little white Siamese kitten, with whom Karl Lagerfeld was given to care for for 2 weeks over Christmas apparently stole his cold, yet designery-brilliant heart, and he refused to give Choupette back, and kept her for his very own.
I know you spoil your pet, and I spoil mine, but I don’t think any of us can afford to spoil our pet on the same level as Karl can. Let’s look at some facts:
- Choupette has 2 full time maids. One for night, and one for day.
- Choupette has her own diary, that the maids and household staff must record everything she does, every moment…that’s every moment of the entire 24 hour day cycle, when Karl is away, so he knows how she’s doing.
- Choupette has her own iPad (iPads), and, apparently uses them.
- Choupette does not dine on the floor like a mere demi-god catling, she dines up on the table with Karl. Yes. She eats when he eats on the table, probably with gold bowls with diamond encrusted edges (some cats are like that). But she only eats the finest in feline food stuff (I’m thinking lightly sauteed mouse with roasted sparrow and salmon mousse).
- Karl Lagerfeld does not ever say she is too fat, or too old, or too ugly. Instead, he says she is too cute. He also says she does not work. And that she is ‘like a kept woman’, and she ‘has a strong personality.’ Also, he will never dress her in mini chanel outfits, because he thinks that makes pets look like circus performers.
All this, and Choupette is only 9 month’s old.
Choupette may have her own book: her diary, published at some point. Oh, she is a specially pussy cat!